Verulam Scientific are a fast-expanding scientific instrument sales and service company providing innovative systems and emerging technologies to the UK pharmaceutical, environmental, life science, food, clinical and biotechnology markets. We offer an exciting opportunity to join our team of service engineers. You must have experience of working in a laboratory environment on HPLC, GC, Mass spectrometry and other analytical instrumentation. You will need to show an aptitude for service and operation of this type of equipment however specific training will be given at manufacturers sites in Europe and USA. You will need to show an ability to manage your own workload and diary in conjunction with service demand.
Location: Working from home in area defined, ideally situated in or around Leeds and Manchester area.
Area: Primarily North of England and Scotland but will be defined by the products being supported and home location. Some products may require travel throughout the UK. It is envisaged that 70% of role will be service related with some technical sales interaction and support.
Reporting to Service Manager
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of all instrumentation supplied and supported by Verulam Scientific
- To carry out on-site repair, calibration, and service of laboratory equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules
- Carry out on-site installation and OQ to manufacturers protocols
- Provide technical support to users and scientists.
- Represent company at exhibitions and scientific meetings throughout the UK.
- Maintain service documentation
- Work in accordance with all Health and Safety guidelines and Electricity at Work regulations.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience but in the range £32K -£38K
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company bonus of approx 10% salary
- Company car allowance (currently £300) per month
- Mobile phone
- Portable computer
- Full set of tools and test equipment
Qualifications: Degree, HNC or similar qualification in electromechanical engineering or science subject where practical skills are required. Ideally
candidates would have worked on scientific instrumentation in medical, pharma or chemical industries and have HPLC and GC experience.
Special Skills: Experience of working with HPLC from any of the major suppliers and manufacturers
would be of special interest.
Contact: Ken at email@example.com or call 07799885402
We look forward to hearing from you.